Our parent church, Christ First Church (CFC) was founded by Pastor R.R. Jordan, in October 2009. Before founding CFC, Pastor Jordan spent much time in prayer, fasting, and conversation with his Bishop who affirmed the call of God on Pastor Jordan’s life. Prior to having the unction of the Holy Spirit to plant CFC, Pastor Jordan served at two other ministries with dedication and faithfulness. As a submitted servant under his Bishop, Pastor Jordan taught leadership class and served as an intercessor. For several years preceding the call to plant CFC, Pastor Jordan knew that there was a great call God wanted him to fulfill, but training and preparedness was needed to see the ecumenical call manifest.
During his second year in seminary Pastor Jordan was given a pastor’s heart and the Apostolic authority to move forward with the call of God on his life. After working in ministry eight years, God had prepared him for his next ministry assignment, the call to Pastor God’s church. After the call came the resources shortly followed. With a call from God and ten people who believed in the mandate on his life, Pastor Jordan added work to his faith by seeking a place that would house the vision.
After three years in a storefront God led him to transition to a new worship space in the Central West End at 4359 Lindell in the Engineer’s Hall theater.
On December 2, 2018 the Lord blessed us to have our first service in our new church home at 4152 Washington. With the location change the Lord also led Pastor Jordan to change the church name to “The Advancing Church” which is still part of the Christ First Church Ministry.
OUR SEVEN CORE BELIEFS
1. The bible is inspired, infallible Word of God: written by the holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. In one God who is infinite in power, holy in nature, attributes and purpose: omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. We believe that He was revealed to us as Father in creation, Son in redemption and Holy Spirit in His comforting grace that never leaves those who trust in Him. (1Corinthians 8:6, 2Corinthians 5:19, Joel 2:28).
3. That in Jesus Christ dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; for it pleased the Father that in Him should all the fullness dwell. (Colossians 1:19, 2:9).
4. In the virgin birth; that Jesus was born both human and divine. God manifest in the flesh (St Matthew 1:23, John 1:14, 1 Timothy 3:16).
5. In the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, we believe that he ascended on high and has sent His Spirit, the Holy Ghost, which was poured out of Jerusalem over 2000 years ago and is still filling the hearts of those who diligently seek Him today (Acts 2:14).
6. In the baptism in water immersion, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. This constitutes the new birth. (Acts 2:4, Acts 2:38).
7. In the church; that the church is the body of Christ and the habitation of God through the Spirit. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the church. Christ gave His church apostles, prophets, evangelist, pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints and work of the ministry. The church is more than an organization, the church is an organism individually and corporately, fully empowered for evangelizing the world, a body in which human beings may worship God, and a channel for God’s purpose to be communicated to the world (Ephesians 4:10-14;Mark 16:15-18).